A number of members of Clan Cameron NSW were fortunate to witness the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo held at the Sydney stadium this October.
While not as intimate as that held in Edinburgh Castle it was certainly a spectacular event.
Some 1500 cast members were involved from across Europe and the Asia Pacific region as well as our local Australasian contingent. Over 14 nations were represented.
Set against a full-size replica of Edinburgh Castle, the iconic Scottish spectacular featured 33 musical, cultural and military groups, including:
- 15 files of traditional Pipers and Drummers,
- 11 Military Bands,
- 40 amazingly deft Precision Marchers,
- 40 Fiddlers,
- 7 Pacific Nations sharing their culture through performance,
- 40 Maori Kapa Haka performers,
- 100 Highland Dancers,
- 40 of the Australian Defence Forces’ finest musicians making up the House Band,
- 40 singers representing Gondwana Choirs,
- Australia’s Federation Guard featuring 100 celebrated serving personnel, and
- Australian Indigenous Song Men and dancers.